It is now incredibly easy to spend money from your Cash App using Square’s cash card. This new system features a visa debit card – known as Cash App Card – which enables you to make payments to a variety of businesses. This provides fantastic autonomy to those that may not, due to a battery or network problems, rely on their phone to handle all their retail transactions. The Cash App card’s service charges are relatively low and involve the same ease of use as a traditional debit card.
It is important to note when activating your cash app card, that the card is connected to your cash app, as opposed to your bank account. This makes Square’s card entirely separate from the debit card you will have connected to your cash app.
The following guide highlights the necessary steps to ordering and activating your Cash App card.
Acquiring A Cash App Card
Naturally, you will first need to install the cash app on your mobile device, using either Google Play or the iTunes Store. Since the Cash App requires the use of a bank account, you will need to be over 18 years of age to sign up. The download and installation process is entirely free. You will then be required to follow the App’s instructions to connect your bank account to your Cash App.
Should you want to order a Cash App Debit card, you will need to open your Cash App, tap “Cash Card” or the Account Balance at the top of the screen, and then select “Get Cash Card”. After you have completed your identity confirmation process, enter your shipping address. As a final step to your order, you are required to sign and draw a symbol that will be etched in your card using a laser.
Cash App Card Activation With A QR Code
Upon reception of your cash app card, you will also be given an activation QR code. You will need this code to activate your card, using the following steps:
1. The first thing is to open up the Cash App on your phone. Once you open up the app, tap the balance amount on your Cash App home screen (top center of the home screen). If your account balance is $0, tap “Cash & BTC”.
2. Look for the picture of your Cash Card and click on it. A list of options will pop-up, tap “Scan QR Code”.
3. When Cash App requests permission to use your phone’s camera, click “OK”. Place your phone of the QR code so that it may be seen directly through the camera. Once the app processes the QR code information, your card will be officially activated.
How To Activate Cash App Card Without A QR Code?
In case you lose or fail to receive your QR Code, you may still activate your Cash App. The following steps will enable you to complete the process relatively quickly:
- Open the Cash App and tap the account balance on your Cash App home screen.
- Click “Activate”
- Search for the “Help” tab at the very bottom of the screen and click on it.
- Select “Use CVV Instead” from the provided list of choices.
- Follow the simple identification process and enter your CVV code as well as your card’s date of expiration.
At this point, it should be active. But if you still need help, do not hesitate to Contact Cash App Customer Service at 1-855-351-2274, or on the web at cash.app/help.