It is wise to know how to load a Western Union money order machine. Why? Because if you are a regular Western Union user, then you can actually use their MO (Money Order) feature to pay whenever you are short of cash or check.
It is very straightforward to load a Western Union money order machine. However, there are a few crucial steps you should follow properly. Otherwise, it will not work.
So, we will share the process of loading money orders to a Western Union money order machine in this post.
Also, we will share how you can send money using their Kiosk service to various countries easily.
So, without dilly-dallying, let’s get started…
What is Western Union Money Order?
Western Union has various services like ‘Track Transfer’, ‘Send Money’, ‘Pay Bills’, ‘Pick up cash’, and more. Among them, one of their prevalent services is the money order. It works as a good alternative to a check or cash.
You can use money orders to make a purchase, give a gift, and even you can pay bills. Simply put, you can say that a money order is a pre-paid check. You can transfer funds using Western Union money orders with ease.
Where you can get a Western Union Money Order?
You can purchase Western Union money orders at any Western Union-approved agent location.
In most countries, Western Union has several agents. When you are at any participating Western Union agent location, you can buy a money order for the principal amount you require.
Benefits of Using Western Union Money Order?
Now you know what Western Union money orders are. But why should you use their money order service? Interestingly, there are a few advantages of using this service. Here are those…
No Need for Bank Account/Card
As you might have already guessed, you don’t need any bank account to use money orders. You can get access to money orders from any approved Western Union Money Order agent.
Simple and Reliable
Western Union money orders are reliable and safe. You can easily send money via mail or personally using money orders. So, it is also a faster way to transfer funds from one place to another.
Western Union money orders are pre-paid. So it is a great way to pay for your purchases. You can also send money orders as gifts. On top of that, you can buy someone gifts with money orders. Another great thing is that you can even pay bills using money orders from Western Union.
How to Load a Western Union Money Order Machine?
Typically, you will go to a Western Union money order agent when you want to a money order and let them know your requirements. Then they will help you in the process. However, sometimes, the money order (MO) machine runs out of money.
And, the agent has to follow some steps to load money to the machine. Interestingly, there are many instances where the agents might not be able to load the money. In that case, you can do it yourself if you know how to do so. Let’s learn how to do it.
Steps to Follow
- First of all, press the ‘Function’ button on the MO machine.
- Then press on the ‘9’ button.
- Next, press the ‘Enter’ button.
- At this point, you will see a message on the screen saying to add paper and to enter the code.
- So, enter the PIN code that is associated with the particular agent and MO machine. You can ask the code from the agent or let them enter the code themselves.
- After entering the PIN code, a message will appear saying to check the ribbon. So you have to remove the paper module underneath the desk at this moment. Also, right now, you have to press the ‘Enter’ button, and on the screen, you will see a message saying ‘Unlocked.’
- And this is the time you will be able to remove the paper module. So do this and load more money orders in the paper module.
- Next, put the paper module back in its place, and you can start to print new money orders from now on.
How to Send Money Through Western Union from Kiosk?
In many countries, Western Union also allows transferring money through Kiosk. Like an ATM booth, you can use their service any time of the day. This is a self-service money transfer system.
So, if you are living in a country where you can use this service, you can check our tutorial on how to use their Kiosk to send money to others. Here’s how…
Steps to Follow
- First of all, you will need to complete a one-time registration of your personal information and the beneficiary information at any Western Union Exchange locations.
- Then, you can visit any kiosk of your choice.
- First, you will have to select the language you want to use
- Then, you will have to have to enter your login ID, PIN, and other login credentials. So, do it and press on the ‘Next’ button.
- Next, you have to choose the ‘Receiver’ from the list.
- On the next page, you will have to enter the amount to send. If you have any promo codes, you can enter that in this instance as well.
- Here, you will also have to select the beneficiary name and see if everything is on. Then, press the ‘Next’ button.
- In doing so, a prompt will appear. Simply select the ‘Agree’ button.
- On the next page, you will be able to choose your payment method. If you want to pay using your card, then choose the ‘Pay By Card’ option. On the other hand, select ‘Pay By Cash’ as we would show you now.
- After you have chosen your preferred payment method, you will see a message prompt on the screen. It will warn you about ‘No Refund’/‘No Change’. So make sure you have the exact amount at your disposal.
- Next, simply select the ‘Yes’ button.
- And feed the transaction amount you want to send into the kiosk cash acceptor.
- After the transaction is completed, it will show a confirmation message. You will have to collect the receipt that will have all the transaction details and the MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number). Remember, the MTCN number is crucial, so don’t share it with anybody other than the receiver.
- Finally, you will have to share the MTCN with the receiver only. And, then they will be able to use it to withdraw the money from their nearest Western Union agent locations.
The Western Union Company is one of the leading money transferring corporations in the world. At the moment of writing this post, they have over 150 million customers all over the world.
At the same time, they have more than 500,000 agent locations worldwide. They have a variety of services pertaining to money transfers across the globe. Depending on your location, you might be one that can use their money order service.
In this post, we have shared the process of loading money orders on a Western Union money order machine. We hope this will help you to solve your problem with WU money orders.
As usual, if you have any questions about any financial corporations or projects, you can let us know. We will try to answer your queries. And, if the post was helpful to you, you can share this with others.
More posts for you: