Wanna learn how to activate Navy Federal Debit Card? Fear not. It is very easy to activate a debit card issued by Navy Federal. More to that, there is not just one way to do that. Rather, we will talk about multiple methods of activating your debit card with Navy Federal.
In this post, we will try to describe each method one by one. And all the methods will be described in a step by step and beginner-friendly manner. So, regardless of your experience with Navy Federal and activating cards online, you will be able to perform the task at hand successfully.
So, without dillydallying, let’s begin…
How to Activate the Navy Federal Debit Card?
As previously mentioned, there are several ways you can activate your Navy Federal debit card. Let’s get familiar with those methods one by one in this section.
Method #1 Activate Navy Federal Debit Card over the Phone
The first method is more of a traditional way. Yes, here we will be showing how to activate your Navy Federal card by calling their customer care service. Let’s see how to do that…
- Simply, call their customer care number that is 1-888-842-6328 (24/7) or you can also use their routing number which is 256074974. They also have an international phone number: 1-703-255-8837, you can call that as well
- Next, follow the instructions and when connected to a customer support member, let them know that you need to activate your Navy Federal debit card
- Then you will be asked to provide your Navy Federal account information for verification purposes
- And, you will also be asked to provide the information about your debit cards like the card number, CVC number, or expiry date, etc.
- So, please provide all the required information correctly
- If you have done it properly, you should receive a confirmation from the representative that your card is activated successfully
If you are not comfortable talking to the phone or don’t have a lot of time for that, you can follow the rest of the methods as well.
Method #2 Activate Navy Federal Debit Card Online
This is one of the most popular methods of activating your Navy Federal debit card. And, for that, you will have to have an online banking account with Navy Federal. If you don’t have that yet, you have to enroll in digital banking at first to access manage your account online. Here’s how to do that…
How to Enroll in Navy Federal Digital Banking?
- At first, make sure you have an account with Navy Federal or you are a member of Navy Federal
- Then go the Digital Banking Enrollment Page on Navy Federal official website
- Next, you will have to provide some personal information to them like your First and Last name, your birth date, your Social Security Number, and more
- After you have provided the correct information and got past all the steps on creating your digital banking account with Navy Federal, you will receive your account username and password
- Now, sign in to your Navy Federal online banking account with your username and password by visiting their sign-in page
- Next, select the account associated with your debit card. Or select ‘Check & Savings’ and then navigate to the ‘Checking & Debit Card’ option
- Then click on the ‘Card Activation’ button from there
- Next, you have to enter your debit card number and the security code/CVC code of your card in the respective field. So enter them correctly
- Then click on the ‘Activate’ button
That’s it! You will see a confirmation notification that your card is activated successfully.
Method #3 Activate Navy Federal Debit Card via Mobile App
If you use the Navy Federal mobile app, you can follow this method. Here we will show you how to activate your Navy Federal debit card from the mobile app. However, to qualify for this, you will need to have a Navy Federal Digital Banking or Online Banking account.
If you don’t have that yet, you can follow the steps above under the ‘How to Enroll in Navy Federal Digital Banking’ section to create your new account. After you have created the online banking account, you should install the Navy Federal Credit Union app on your phone. And, then follow the steps below to activate your debit card.
Steps to Follow
- Launch the Navy Federal Credit Union app and sign in to your account
- Next, select the account that is associated with your new debit card
- Now, tap on the ‘Manage Card’ option from the top menu bar
- In doing so, your card information will appear on the screen. Match the last 4 digits of your card to the information on the screen to make this is the card you are activating
- Now, tap on the ‘Activate Card’ option from under the ‘Maintenance’ tab
- From the next page, tap on the ‘Activate’ button and wait for the confirmation
- In doing so, you will see a ‘Congratulations!’ message. Simply, tap on ‘Done’ to return to the card homepage
There you have it. You have successfully activated your Navy Federal debit card using the mobile app. We think this is the easiest method of them all. However, there’s one more method left for you.
Method #4 Activate Navy Federal Debit Card by Visiting Your Nearest Branch
Finally, we have the most basic method of activating your debit card issued by Navy Federal. And, that is to visit the nearest branch of Navy Federal with your debit card and important documents.
Once you are there, you can ask a Navy Federal representative to help you activate your debit card. They will be happy to assist you. This method will come in handy if you are not tech-savvy or have a Navy Federal branch near you.
Before We Go
If you are still with us, then you know how to activate your Navy Federal debit card. In fact, you now know up to 4 methods of doing it. We have shared all these various methods so that you can choose the method that you prefer the most.
Whichever method you choose, we hope this post will come in handy in the process of activating your Navy Federal debit card. And from now on, you can enjoy the perks of using Navy Federal debit card. In our opinion, using the mobile app to activate the debit card would be the best and easiest way.
Nevertheless, if you face any issues in the process, you can let us know in the comment section below!