PayPal needs no introduction. And, they are offering a new debit MasterCard that is also known as PayPal cash card. You can use the card anywhere MasterCard is accepted to shop online or stores. But you might not know how to activate PayPal card.
Many users are still unaware that you can actually start to use the PayPal cash features right after you have applied for the card. Usually, you will receive the physical card within 10 business days. And then you will have to activate the PayPal debit MasterCard to use it online or stores. In this post, we will be showing how to activate the PayPal cash card in a step by step manner.
So, let’s get to it…
How to Activate Your PayPal Card?
To be frank, there are 3 ways to activate your PayPal cash card. And, all of the methods are easy. Of course, each of the methods has its own pros and cons. Based on your preference, you can use any of them. Thus, we will be sharing all the 3 methods here for your convenience.
Method #1 From the PayPal Mobile App
If you have received your PayPal cash card and you use the PayPal mobile app, then you can use this method. For this, you will need the PayPal mobile app installed on your phone, if you haven’t already. Then follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to Follow
- Launch the PayPal app on your smartphone
- First, log in to your PayPal account in the app using the required login credentials or your fingerprint
- Next, tap on the ‘Settings/Gear’ icon from the top-right corner of the screen
- Now, tap on the ‘PayPal Cash Card’ option from the menu
- In doing so, you will be required to enter some information that is associated with your cash card and your PayPal account
- Chances are, you will be asked to enter the expiration date or CVC code of your PayPal cash card
- So, enter the required information correctly by checking the cash card carefully
- Also, remember to verify that you have got the right card on your hand from PayPal by matching the last 4 digits of your card to the 4 digits shown by PayPal on the webpage
- And after entering the necessary information, tap on the ‘Activate Card’ button
- Next, you will be prompted to create a new PIN for your PayPal cash card. In this instance, enter your preferred 4 digit PIN twice in the particular fields
- And, tap on the ‘Create PIN’ option
That is it. With this, your new PayPal cash card will be all set. You will see a confirmation saying ‘Your card is now activated’ on the screen. So, from now on, you can add money to the card from your PayPal balance. And, you can access the card information from the ‘Settings>PayPal Cash Card’ settings of your PayPal app.
Method #2 From PayPal.com
If you don’t use the PayPal mobile app, you can activate your PayPal cash card using the PayPal website. So, for this, you can use the browser on your mobile or computer. Here’s how to do that…
- From your favorite browser, go to this link https://paypal.com/activatecard
- Next, you will have to log in to your PayPal account by providing the login credentials
- Now, you will be prompted to enter some information about your PayPal debit MasterCard on the next page
- Most of the time, you will be asked to enter the expiration date of the card or the CVC code
- After you have entered the information, click on the ‘Activate Card’ option
- Now, you will have to create a new PIN for your cash card. So, enter the preferred PIN into the two blank fields
- And, click on the ‘Create Pin’ button
With that, you will see a confirmation notification on the screen saying ‘Your card is now activated’. So, you can start adding money to the cash card from your PayPal account balance. A new option regarding the ‘PayPal Cash Card’ will appear automaticity to your PayPal account dashboard. And, you can manage the card operations from that setting.
Method #3 By Calling to PayPal Helpline
The last method is a more traditional one. Yes, we are talking about calling the helpline of PayPal to activate your PayPal Debit MasterCard. It will be very useful if you are not experienced in using computers or mobile devices.
- Simply call to 1-800-314-8298 and follow the instructions of PayPal to activate your PayPal debit card
- Remember, this is an automated activation line. You are not talking with a real person here. So, you will have to follow the steps provided by the pre-recorded voice
In some cases, PayPal might ask you for your birth date or other security questions for verifying your identity. So, you should help them accordingly to make the process of activating your PayPal card easier.
Before We Go
Using PayPal is easy. And, activating their debit MasterCard or Cash card is also not that hard. Matter of fact, the card will come with all the instructions and links to activate it. But the instructions on the card are not that clear. So we have outlined all the methods to activate PayPal card in a step by step manner. We hope this post will help you activate your PayPal cash card on your own.
If you have any more questions or queries about the PayPal cash card, you can let us know in the comments section below!